Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thrifty Thursday ( Fabric Pens)

I have been doing some sewing and I have a ton of scraps. I had no idea what to do with them so I went to Pintrest and found some neat ideas to decorate pens with fabric scraps. Everyone had their own way of doing it so I just combined them to  make it work for me.



First you need some ink pens, fabric scraps , thread and a hot glue gun.

 Cut 2 pieces of fabric one 14 inches by 2 1/2 inches, the second one 11 inches by 2 inches.
Fold the fabric in half and cut slits all the way across. They don't need to be even but make sure you don't cut all the way to the top.
Using your thread and needle do a slip stitch all the way across.
Pull together to form a circle
Lay it out and tie a good knot to combine the ends together.

Do both pieces of fabric like this. Set aside.
Get you ink pen and put some hot glue at the very top
Wrap your pen and secure it with more hot glue at the end.
Cut both of your fabrics and set the larger one on a table that you can hot glue on. Put a good amount of hot glue around the middle of the circle.
Set the smaller circle on top of it and press down to secure.
Get your pen back out and put a good amount of hot glue around the top. Making sure the fabric still has the largest side on the bottom press down to the top of the pen. Hold tight to secure.

Let me know if you have any questions.  I would love to see pictures if you make any.












No comments:

Post a Comment