Monday, September 10, 2012

Make It Monday ( Hand Sanitizer Holders)

I had gotten a bunch of small hand sanitizers when everyone was running back to school deals. This weekend I decided I needed to make covers for them so they could hang from a purse or bag. I decided to use up some of my jean scraps because they are a heavier material than just plain cotton. I had no idea idea what I was doing so I made it up as I went along. Luckily they turned out ( unlike most things I think I can do with out directions lol)

First I cut a piece of jean material using the hand sanitizer. I made sure it was tall enough and that there was enough room on each side to sew. Then I cut a small hole in the middle to make room for the top of the bottle to come out of.

Once you have it cut so that it fits , turn the material inside out and pin down the sides so that you have a seam.
Sew your seams down starting with the top of the holder. This is the perfect time to also add the loop to hook your keychain onto.




After you are done sewing turn right side out. Add any decorations that you would like.
It is simple to make and perfect for kids to even put on their backpacks!



No comments:

Post a Comment