Friday, September 21, 2012

Freezer Friday ( Steak Sauce Sloppy Joes)

On October 1st I am going in to have a hysterectomy. To prepare I have been making up some meals and freezing them. This way no matter how bad I feel I know my family will have a hot meal on the table. I know the recovery is pretty long for this so Stephanie will be doing way more blogging than me for those couple of weeks. I am 33 years old and they are doing a full hysterectomy. I am really worried about being thrown into menopause like this but I know that somehow I will get through it. Hopefully I won't get to grumpy and make everyone mad lol.If you have ever  frozen quite a few meals to prepare for something like this I would love some recipes. You can post int he comment section or e-mail me at twocraftingmoms@gmail.com. I love to try new recipes as most of you know. I am looking for meals that I don't have to freeze in foil pans because of freezer space.
On to the recipe. I was looking for something new and came across this recipe from Taste of Home. I love their recipes. If you aren't familiar with then make sure to check them out at www.tasteofhome.com. I am not a big sloppy joe person but this one has a wonderful flavor.


Steak Sauce Sloppy Joes

3 pounds ground beef
4 medium onions, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup A.1. steak sauce
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
15 hamburger buns, split

Directions

In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions, celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, chili powder, paprika and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened and heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 15 servings.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment