Wednesday, August 8, 2012

what ever Wednesday chocolate pie in a jar

Hey everyone I have been seeing lots of ideas out there on blog land for food in a mason jar.  So I decided to give it a try.

My husband really likes chocolate pie the only problem is that he only wants maybe one piece then he is done for a few days.  Which means one of 2 things happens either the pie goes bad or I eat the rest of it.   Neither is a good thing.  So I decided to make chocolate pies in small mason jars.   Sorry I didn't take pictures as I made it but is is so simply you really don't need them.

Here is what you need
cool whip I use fat free
instant sugar free fat free choc pie pudding mix
graham crackers.
Skim Milk

Take one of the packages for graham crackers out of the box and crush them.  Mine usually have 3 sealed packs in side the box.  Then place the crushed graham crackers in the bottom of your mason jar.  I know there is usually butter in a graham cracker crust but I chose not to add it because I didn't want the extra fat and calories.
Use the skim milk to make the chocolate pie filling according to the package directions. Layer the pie filling on top of the graham crackers.
Then add a small layer of cool whip on top place the lid and rings on the mason jar and refrigerate.
When ready to eat just open the jar and dig in.
Hope you try this soon it was really good and not very bad for you.  
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment