Thursday, August 30, 2012

thrifty thursday out of milk

Hey guys sorry there was no post yesterday.  I was suppose to do it but I had a asthma attach the first one in over a year.  But when I have to use the inhaler it makes me light headed.  So I didn't remember to blog.

Okay on to today's post.  We were making a pantry list the other weekend.  I had Scott helping me I was organizing and her was writing it all down so I could put it in an excel file later.  Well you know guys and their tech stuff.  So he was wanting a easier way to do it and he started looking at apps for his phone.  And he found an app called out of milk.  I was a little skeptical at first but I was willing to try it so he put it on my phone also.  Now I don't know how I ever lived with out it.

Okay here is how it works.  You go to the app and you can make lots of pantry list.  I have one for the pantry, freezer, fridge, fridge freezer, spice cabinet, and one for the bathroom.  I am thinking about doing one for my craft room also.   You can also go to the web sight http://www.outofmilk.com/  you can use it on your smart phone, the computer or both.  So you make your pantry list and them you update it as you use things from any of you pantry list.  When you need to make a shopping list you can go to your pantry and click on something you need and hit copy to shopping list.  If you know the price of the items you are buying it will keep a running total of how much you are spending with everything you add to your list.  This works great for me since most of my shopping is done at Aldi's.  So I was able to take a old receipt and use it to price most of my stuff.  I used it this weekend and it was right with in 2 dollars     Also if you are at the store and don't know if you have something in your pantry you can just call it up on your phone and see if you have it or not.  I cant say enough about this great app.  I love it.

Also look at the pictures of my nice organized pantry.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment