Friday, August 17, 2012

freezer friday left over chili

 I made chili the other day and since it is just me and Scott here now I knew we would never eat it all before it went bad.  So I decided to freeze some.  I didn't want to throw it in a bag to freeze it since I like to vacuum seal everything that I freeze.  Then I remembered that I had seen pictures on pinterest of people freezing soup in muffin pans to get individual servings.  Well I happen to have a silicone muffin pan and I thought that it would be great for the chili.   So here is what I did. 
first put the chili in a muffin pan.  then place in the freezer on a level surface
when it is frozen about 2 or 3 hours later get it out.
then simple pop them out of the pan it was really easy to do with the silicone muffin pan since it turns inside out.

 I took six at a time and vacuum sealed them.  If you don't have a vacuum sealer just get most of the air out to avoid freezer burn.  I now have 3 meals ready for nights when I don't feel like cooking.
hope everyone has a great weekend
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment