Friday, August 3, 2012

Freezer Friday ( Diced Tomatoes)

If you planted a garden by now you may be looking for something to do with all of those tomatoes that have turned red. We use a lot of diced tomatoes in out house so I thought to myself why don't I make some to freeze. I am glad I did! They turned out great and they taste wonderful. The best part is the took no time at all to prepare.
First you need tomatoes. I had 7 of them.
Get a big pot and boil some water.
After the water is boiling add your tomatoes. Boil for 2 minutes.

Take tomatoes out and put in a big bowl of ice water.

Leave tomatoes in the ice water for 1 minute. Take them out and peel the skin off.
Dice your tomatoes up. I got about 3 cups from the 7 tomatoes I cut up.
Dump your tomatoes in a small crockpot. Then add a chopped green pepper ,Italian seasoning, onion flakes, and 2 bay leaves. I didn't measure the Italian Seasoning and onion flakes, I just dumped a good amount it in.
Cook on high for 5 hours. Remove bay leaf. I ended up getting about 2 cups of diced tomatoes from this.

So easy and so tasty!!







No comments:

Post a Comment