Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tasty Tuesday ( Slow Cooker Chicken and Pasta Soup)

I had a bunch of chicken left over from some chicken breasts I had made the other week and I had left out a bag of diced tomatoes that I made to so I decided to make this soup.  I am unsure where I got the recipe from but I have made it a lot and my family loves it. The best part is that most of it can be made in the crockpot,

Slow Cooker Chicken and Pasta

3 cans chicken broth
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained ( I used homemade but the Italian style is great for this recipe)
1/2 tsp dried leaf basil ( I like to add way more than this but it is up to you)
1 cup frozen peas and carrots ( I use the whole bag or a can of each)
1 cup water
1 cup chopped onion  ( I just use onion flakes)
1 cup chopped celery
1 tsp parsley flakes ( again I add way more than this in mine)
dash of garlic powder ( or how ever much you like)
box of small pasta

In the crockpot, combine chicken broth, cooked chicken, water, tomatoes, onion,celery, basil, parsley and garlic powder. Cook on low 5-7 hours. Cook pasta as directed. Add pasta and vegetables to crokpot. Cook 30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment