Thursday, January 10, 2013

Great gift for moms, dads,and grandparents.

Hand Print Dish Towel
Hey everyone Stephanie here.  I wanted to share a gift I made for the parents of the children I have at my in home childcare.  I wanted to do something real special.  I thought hand prints of some kind would be great.  The only problem with that is that 2 of the children do not like to touch anything really messy.  Play dough is okay but not much messier than that.  So I decided to sew hand prints on to dish towels for them. 

First I went to the dollar tree and got hand towels.


Then I traced the children's hand prints on to plain paper,  then I cut them out and then I traced them on fabric scrapes I had here.  Blue jean for dad and a tee-shirt for mom.  I used the tee-shirt because I wanted to avoid it fraying.

Next I sewed the and prints down to the dish towels.  So simple but so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment