Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tasty Tuesday (Snickerdoodle Dessert Bars)

Tonight is going  to be a very busy night in my house. We have to register my youngest daughter for Kindergarten next year and I have to work the PTO table. After that my husband is taking her to "dad's Nite" at preschool. It is 2 hours long and they will get to spend some special time together. One of things you do for "Dads Nite" is to take a  snack to share with everyone My husband works crazy hours so Katie and I did it. My husband loves snickerdoodles so we made the into bars.They are so soft and chewy. I am sure they will be a hit in your house to
 




Snickerdoodle Dessert Bars

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat until well blended.

4. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.

 5. In a small bowl, combine the white sugar and cinnamon.

 6. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter in the baking pan.

 7. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment