Tuesday, November 20, 2012

tasty Tuesday Duck

Okay so Scott has been wanting to try duck for a long time.  A couple of weeks ago they had frozen duck at Aldi's for about $12.00 about what I would spend on a roast.  So we decided to try it. 
We decided to use the New wave oven to cook it in.  I think this is becoming one of my favorite kitchen appliances.  And not just because Scott cooks in it most of the time.  It just cooks stuff so well and in way less time than other methods. 

Okay so like I said we decided to cook it and we always use Paula Deans House seasoning on turkey so we decided to use it on the duck.  All you do is rub it all over the piece of meat you are cooking and you are good to go.  I will add the house seasoning recipe at the end of this post.
house seasoning

Duck in new wave oven

finished Duck see how crispy the skin is and how juice the meat still is.
 
Now on to what we thought of the duck.  The skin was really crispy and I do love that .  But there is really no white meat and I don't really like dark meat.  I also just didn't really like the flavor of the duck.  Scott said it was okay but not something he would tell someone they just had to try.  Patrick said it was good. 


House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder

Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment