Monday, November 19, 2012

Rock Star Birthday Party

Saturday was my daughter Emily's 8th birthday party. She wanted to do a rock star theme so that is what we did. It was pretty simple to pull off and the girls had such a good time!
For the invitations I had used store bought ones. I had found them on clearance for 50 cents and they said rock star on them.
We decorated the outside of my house with a red carpet.
Stephanie's husband made the wood stands for me.  I bought red rope from the craft section at Hobby Lobby and used red tablecloths. The sign on the garage said Emily and the Rockers.
Once you got inside we had a pink metallic curtain at the front door for the girls to walk through. My front room was the dressing room.
We painted nails and the box on the floor had a bunch of wigs and stuff in it for the girls to dress up with.
I had a bunch of avon samples of eye shadow and lipstick for the girls to get dressed up with. We  had some combs layed out and mirrors for the girls to see themselves in.
In my great room we set up a stage.
The girls loved it and the drum set was part of my daughters birthday present. We used it to take pictures on.
We decorated my fire place with records and then that is where Emily opened presents later on.
I set up a table that had all of the girls "goody bags" on. The goody bags were old records that had been melted into bowls.

I also made all of the girls notebooks to take home.
In the kitchen we set up the cake and cupcakes.
The girls made picture frames for their crafts. I am going to print off a picture of them so they can put it in the frames.
We did a pinata and then cake and ice cream while Emily opened presents.


We even got to walk the red carpet! I let every girl have a chance to be the "rock star". I think this was their favorite part!
I also had a chance to take some group pictures. I alternated the girls so that the group of  3 all had Emily in them but had 2 different girls each time.


For food we did concession type food....nachos, hot dogs, chips, popcorn. The girls got to drink out of champagne glasses ( I put lemonade in them)
The party was so much fun. If you would like to see the rest of the pictures you can check them out here;
 https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3899855461768.2140838.1440618269&type=1&l=b5b464bb75





No comments:

Post a Comment