Monday, November 12, 2012

Make it Monday Necklace for a rock star party

Mindy's oldest daughter is having a birthday next weekend.  Her Party is going to have a rock star theme.  So I made these music note pendants that we are going to put on black stringing material.  We are both out of anything that would be good to string them on.  But I could not wait to post these because they turned out pretty good.  Later I will post about how we made the necklace part.
I saw a picture of this on pinterest so it is not an original idea. I will share with you how I made mine.

 

first you cut a piece of wire I did not measure this because the size will be based on personal preference
 

then you find the center and using round jewlery pliers make a loop in the middle
 

this is what you should have at this point

then you measure out the same distance on each side and bend the wire straight down
then using the round pliers again start a loop at the bottom
then coil the wire up from you loop till it looks like the picture below

I hammered the piece a little to make it stronger. 
All done I made 12 of these in less than an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment