Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Whatever Wednesday ( Girl Scouts Brownie Quest Journey)

Last week my daughters brownie troop started their journey. We started off with the Brownie Quest. This is my first time doing it so I am learning as I go. When I went looking for ideas I really didn't find to many so I thought maybe if I blogged what we did it would help someone else.
We opened the meeting by doing the pledge, promise and the law. I then passed out the girls books and had them do page 49 in their books as I set up for the next activity.
The next activity we did were all about me posters. I gave each girl a piece of white posterboard and had them draw a picture of themselves in the middle. Around their pictures I had them write words that described them ( ex. friend, sister, girl scout, etc)








It was fun to see what they wrote about themselves! Next I had them pick 2 parts of the law that meant the most to them. I had these written out of little pieces of paper. After they picked 2 of them we taped them onto their posters ( which I forgot to take a picture of...oops)
We took a break and had snack after this. It was 2 of our girls birthdays so we sang Happy Birthday to them and gave them a card.
After snack was over we had one more activity to do. We made a wall hanging of the Girl Scout Law. This was harder for the girls since they don't know it well yet but I thought it was good since they were learning it as they did the project.

We finished the meeting up by talking about Responsibility. We gave them papers to make their Family Stars at home and told them to read the first chapter in their Brownie Quest book.
Overall the meeting went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment