Monday, February 4, 2013

ladder blanket holder.

 
As you know I run a daycare in my home.  The children I have now like to cuddle up with blankets on the couch.  I don't mind at all except for the fact that I end up with blankets all over my living room.  So I was scrolling thur pinterest the other day and saw that someone had used a old wooden ladder to hold blankets.  Well I didn't have a old ladder but I loved the idea. So I showed the idea to my wonderful husband Scott and asked if the could make me one.  So after a little debate we decided to use the 2X2's we had in the garage.  He used a whole 6 foot 2X2 for each of the up and down rails then he decided to cut the 2X2 in half making it a 2X1 to do the rungs on the ladder.  You can make your rungs as short or wide as you like.  These are 1 foot wide and spaced half a foot apart.  I am going to have him make me another one for are bedroom and the rungs will be at least 16 inches wide.  As you can tell from the picture above it works great.
now I just need to decide between painting it or staining it.  Any suggestions
 
Stephanie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment