Monday, February 18, 2013

Make-It-Monday (Cookie Costumes)

It has been quite some time since either Stephanie or I posted anything. So much has happened over these last couple of weeks that neither one of us has had time to be on the computer very  much.
Last Saturday we lost a great friend and neighbor to lung cancer. We knew Carol only had a short time left with us but it happened so quick and took all us by surprise.She was a special lady and we are going to miss her more than words can express. Stephanie and I both made it to the viewing and I made it to the funeral.  As hard as it was to see her like that, we know she is in a much better place.
My oldest daughter Emily has been sick lately and missed a week of school and then I found out that they are pretty sure my mom had a stroke last Thursday. She has a MRI this Wednesday to confirm it. Lucky for her it was mild but at this point she can't drive and is having a hard time writing. I am sure she will recover well but it is hard to know something like this has happened. This is not how any of us wanted to start out 2013!
I am sure most of you know that it is cookie time again. My daughter is in Brownies so this year we came up with the idea of making some cookie costumes. I think they turned out really cute and we got lots of compliments on them.

My daughter is the one wearing the thin mint. We did get some more of the cookies made but I don't have pictures of them on my computer right now. I made the 2 of these out of felt. I am sure you can figure it out on your own but if you want detailed instructions just let me know!
~Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment