Friday, October 26, 2012

Freezer Friday ( Chicken Tater Bake)

It has been a busy week at my house. My daughter has been sick and we just found out that she is going to have to have her tonsils out. The last couple of weeks have been filled with craft shows and working on stuff  for that. I am still healing from my hysterectomy so it has just been a little crazy. Luckily I had made a bunch of meals and froze them before my surgery. The one I am getting ready to post is really good. It reminds me of a chicken pot pie. I hope you try it and like it.

Chicken Tater Bake






  • 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
  • 1/2 cup 2% milk
  • 1/4 cup butter, cubed
  • 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
  • 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots, thawed
  • 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
  • 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
    • In a large saucepan, combine the soup, milk and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the chicken, peas and carrots, and 1 cup cheese. 
    • Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Top with Tater Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
    •  
    • Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
    • To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).


  • Next week we will be posting some Halloween stuff. A friend of mine and I are going to be hosting a Halloween party for about 70 Girl Scouts tomorrow so I will have games and stuff to post ( if I survive it lol)
    Have a great weekend!
    Mindy

    No comments:

    Post a Comment