Monday, October 17, 2011

Stephanie Here With Make It Monday

Super easy and cute paper pumpkins

I actually made these with the children I have in my in home childcare.  They turned out so cute I decided to post them here because I am making a bunch for fall decorations in my home.

I sure cant take credit for the idea as I have seen them all over the blog land. In my search for cool kids crafts I found lots of pictures of these just no instructions.  So here are the ones I made up

You will need:
orange construction paper or scrapbook paper.
yarn
hole punch
something to cut paper in to strips I used my paper cutter to cut mine.

Okay on with the directions

First cut your orange paper I cut mine 41/2 inches long and 1 inch wide.then punch a hole in each end.


I then cut yarn about 8 inches long this give you a little extra to work with.  Then tie a knot on one end.  Be sure to make the knot big enough that it will not pull thru the punched hole.
Next you place the yarn threw one of the holes on each of the pieces of paper.  It will look like this.
 Then take the yarn and run it threw the other ole on each piece.  Like this

when it is all done it will look like this
then you squeeze your paper together  like this
and tie a knot on in the yarn on top of the pumpkin
now just start pulling your paper around to form a pumpkin

When you are done it will look something like this.
I think these would be cute either as a garland hanging from the mantel or in a bowl or vase.

Hope you enjoy
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment