Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hey Stephanie here with our thrifty Thursday Post

Cheap but good
Homemade laundry detergent
Here is what you need:

  • 1 c borax
  • 1 c washing soda
  • 1 bar of soap (ivory or fels naptha)

 I found all these at Wal-mart 
Start out by grating your Fels-naptha soap just like cheese.   I use a hand grater.
Then just mix all the ingredients together.  I keep mine in a pretty jar above my washer.  Use 1 tablespoon per load.  I have found that A baby formula  scoop is the perfect size. 

I am glad to say this does work with my front load washer since the special detergent is still expensive.  And It really does a good job on all the daycare clothing accidents.

I was reading another blog the other day and they suggested after using a hand grater to put your soap bar in a food processor.  So I used my magic bullet after hand grating and I am very happy with the results it is much easier to mix together and scoop out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment