Monday, September 19, 2011

hey Stephanie here Today is Make It Monday


What do you think I am going to do with a ugly picture frame, 31 clothes pins 12 small nails and some cooper wire.

I am going to make a bill organizer of course.  You see I have a really big problem with bills getting opened and laid down somewhere.  Then when it is time to pay them I cannot find them.   So I am going to make something where they can all be clipped up and then be paid on time.




First you paint your picture frame and clothes pins


Then you turn the picture frame over and hammer nails evenly spaced across from each other on both sides of the frame.  I used  five nails on each side.  because of the size of my frame I place my first nail 1 inch down from the top.  Then the rest of them are spaced 3 inches apart.  Measure your frame and decide to space them for your frame size.

Next measure around your frame from one nail around the front of the frame to the matching nail on the other side of the frame.  Adding about an extra inch to this measurement.  Cut your wire to this measurement  (you don't have to use wire you could use string or ribbon or anything you would like) 
Now wrap your wire around the nails on one side of the frame. 

Then add your clothes pins to your wires.  I added 7 on the first 4 wires and 3 on the last one to make
31 days .  4 weeks with the last three on a separate wire

When you have all the clothes pins on wrap the wire around the front of the frame placing the clothes pins inside the frame.  And wrap the other side of the wire around the nails.  Once you have it tightly wrapped.  Hammer all the nails in till they are tight. 

I them made a hanger out of wire and attaches it the same way I attached the other wires.

I now have a place for all the bills to go when they our opened

I am going to add Numbers to the clothes pins so I will know at a glance when the bills are due.

Let me know what you think



No comments:

Post a Comment