Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Whatever Wednesday

I just wanted to take another chance to apologize for the lack of blogging lately. As I mentioned yesterday I have not been feeling good and neither has Stephanie. While Stephanie has been batteling chronic sinus infections I have been having a lot of chest pain. This has been going on since June and although I have been through many tests no one had found the answer. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that they decided to do some x-rays of my neck and spine. Sure enough it gave them a clue and they ordered for me to have a MRI. Now I am the first to admit that I am a baby when it comes to those and I have a panic attack just thinking about being trapped inside this tube. After talking to my doctor they decided that I could have a new MRI called an upright MRI done. I had that done last Friday. Today I went to my doctor and found out I have 2 herniated disks, one if which is pinching a nerve, and my back is full of arthritis. I am being sent out to see a spine doctor and was given some meds to help with the arthritis. Tomorrow I have to go have a ton of bloodwork done to check out the arthritis part. It hurts me to sit or lay down for more than a couple of minutes which is why it is hard to get on here and blog. Not sure what the spine doctor will do for sure but surgery is looking very likely. If that happens I will be down some but please stick with us as we both try to get back on track.
If you have never heard of an upright MRI and you have problems being enclosed in tight spaces go goggle it. You can see pictures of it and get some details of how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment