Wednesday, January 22, 2014

kitchen redo day 1


A lot was accomplished on the kitchen remodel the first day.


there is a old door behind this wall




so it was opened up


I got a very wonderful surprise when we  took the door out wonderful hard wood floors 
 
this opening was taking up so much wall space in the kitchen
 
so it was closed up. 

as carpet was coming up we found more hardwood at that point I went in and checked living room under carpet and it is in there also.


also started removing the wall with a door that was in the middle of the kitchen
All in all a very good first day.  I am so happy about the hardwood flooring.  We had checked when I was getting ready to move in but checked in the closet not knowing that closet was an access to under the house so didn't have nice wood in it.  I was planning to put down laminate now I am going to save a lot of money on flooring.  I am going to check bedrooms soon.  I hate my bedroom carpet so please keep your fingers crossed for hardwood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment