Friday, June 21, 2013

Freezer Friday (Blueberry Muffins)

I am trying to use up items out of my freezer. I came across a bag of frozen blueberries Stephanie gave me before she moved so I decided to whip up a batch of blueberry muffins. They are great for breakfast now that the girls are out of school for the summer. These could be made and frozen also.
Blueberry Muffins

2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries ( or you can use frozen)

Preheat oven to 350. Place paper liners in muffin tin. Sift flour with the sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a large bowl. Make a well in the center of flour mixture and add the melted butter, milk, eggs and vanilla. Stir just enough to moisten flour mixture. Gently fold in blueberries.
Spoon batter into muffin tin. Bake 25-30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment