Thursday, May 24, 2012

thrifty thursday

Hey everyone for the next few months we are going to be talking about our gardens on Thursday. 
We will be posting pictures as our plants start to grow and hopefully we will be able to post pictures of the great harvest we will be getting.  I have a lot of tomato plants started right now because I love to freeze tomatoes to use all winter long in chili and soups.
I also have summer squash which was growing great in the cup in the house but I think it has died since I put it in the garden.  So I will have to go buy some plants once we get back form seeing our family this weekend.
I have some strawberry plants that are doing well.  And a cucumber plant I think will make it.  I am going to plant some carrots, radishes, lettuce and green onions today or tomorrow.  I will post some pictures as soon as I get them loaded on to my computer.

Stephanie


I planted tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, watermelon, cantaloupe, zucchini and a blueberry bush. This is my first year of planting an actual garden, usually I just do tomato plants so I am really excited! I can't wait to see how everything grows.
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment