Before I post a recipe today. Let me tell you about my day. As you know provide childcare in my home. Well today the children came to lunch to find that someone had turned the milk in their sippy cups green.
Now on to a tasty recipe
Original Recipe Yield 1 bread bowl dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1.8 ounce) package dry leek soup mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (1 pound) loaf round sourdough bread
In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, dry leek soup mix, water chestnuts and chopped spinach. Chill in the refrigerator 6 hours, or overnight.
Remove top and interior of sourdough bread. Fill with mayonnaise mixture. Tear removed bread chunks into pieces for dipping.
I am not real sure where I found this recipe but I thought it would be a good choice since it has some green in it.
Have a great night