Thursday, April 26, 2012

thrifty thursday

Okay so for thrifty Thursday I thought I would try this soap scum cleaner I saw on pinterest the other day.  The original pin is found here 
on my pin board  But basically it is equal parts vinegar and blue dawn dish detergent.  You heat the vinegar in the microwave for a couple minutes and put it in a spray bottle with your dawn and give it a good shake.  And you are ready to go.  I took pictures of my shower before with the mixture on it and after. 


before with soap scum
close up before with soap scum

shower with mixture all over it I let it set for 2 hours since we have hard water and it make soap scum so much worse
close up with mixture on it

after scrubbing walls
close up after scrubbing walls



I am still not sure how I feel about this I can see a difference in the shower walls.  But it was not all gone.  Maybe it's because of the hard water here.  I am not sure.  I will try it again and see if it does any better.  Just not sure if it wouldn't be easier to get DH to use CLR on it instead.  If you have tried it please let me know how it worked for you and if you have hard water where you live.  
Thanks 
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment