Monday, April 30, 2012

make it monday

Hey everyone it almost that time of year here in Indiana to start planting home gardens.  Frost for the year is almost over.
This year I am going back to planting in boxes.  Last year I tried the big open garden thing and I did not like it as much as container gardening.  So am going back to the containers.

Here are the containers I am going to use the are 1 foot square.  With longer post at the sides on the inside so we can wrap chicken wire around them if the neighborhood rabbits get into them.  

First I had my husband cut a couple of 1 X 4 X 8 in to 12 inch pieces.  Then I had him cut some
1 X 2 X 8 in to  18inch pieces

I then used my new favorite tool the air nail gun and nailed the boxes together.  You do not have to have an air tool to do this a hammer and nails or screws and a screw driver will work just as well.  I just really like the air nail gun it is so cool.  
here is the finished box I would have had more pictures for you but they are on my husbands phone.
I am going to paint mine  bright colors so they will make me happy when ever I see them.
I will post more pictures after they are painted


 We also made a much bigger box for Mindy I will have her post pictures.

have a great day
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment