Wednesday, January 18, 2012

welcome to what ever Wednesday

Hey Stephanie here.  My post to day may seen a little odd to some of you.  It is about cremation Jewelry.

I hear about this a few years ago and I was a little grossed out.  I had thought it was something where you could see the ashes.
But then one of my very best friend in the worlds dad passed away.  A few moths later her mom gave her a cross with a little bit if his ashes in it.  And she was very comforted by this.  I still was not sure how I felt about this but she told me you could not see the ashes it was inside the jewelry.  That made me feel a little better about it. 

As you know we lost our youngest son on December 22,2011.  While we were making the arrangements I decided to look at some of the cremation jewelry.  I was very pleased to see that it was very elegant looking.  So I decided to get some for me and all of Nicks grandmothers.  Mine is a silver turtle because Nick had a turtle for many years.

From the front you would never know that it is anything but a turtle.  But on the back there is a little place drilled out they put a little bit of Nicks ashes in there and then there is a silver screw that seals it up.  I will post pictures at the end of this post 

I have to say this has been a great comfort to me the last couple of weeks.  When I start to miss him I catch myself picking up the turtle on my necklace and holding it.  It makes me feel a little closer to him and not so sad.  

So I have come full circle and changed my mind about Cremation Jewelry it is a very special (though not for everyone) thing to help you feel close to someone who is gone from our world.

Thank you for reading this post

Stephanie



No comments:

Post a Comment