Tuesday, January 10, 2012

make it monday on tuesday

Hey Stephanie here sorry I had to take a break from blogging for a while but I promised Mindy I would do a make it Monday for everyone.  Then I got busy yesterday and did not get it posted.  Today's make it is totally easy and useful.  It is a shopping bag made from a t-shirt.
I did not take pictures as I made this and it is by no means a new idea.  there are tons of these on the internet right now.
But here is how I made this one
First I place the shirt on a cutting mat making sure it was nice and flat with no wrinkles.  Then I cut the bottom of the shirt off right below the arm holes.  I then sewed the bottom of the shirt shut.  I went over the seam a few times just to make sure it would be strong since I will be using it to carry food in.  I them cut about a 2 inch hole on both sides in the center of the top about 2 inches down from the top this will be the handles.  Then starting about an inch or 2 down from that hole start cutting holes all the way around the bag mine are about 1 inch and they are staggered in each row also I did not cut threw the side seam that this t-shirt had.  All done if you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment and let me know.
thank you for taking the time to read this
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment