Monday, December 5, 2011

Make it monday

I everyone sorry about the lack of post this last week I have had a sick child and Mindy has been really busy.  

Today I am going to do a post about a Christmas gift I made for my 2 oldest boys last year.  My middle son likes to cook and is pretty good at it.  The oldest is getting better at it.  And there are some things that they always like for me to make.  So I wanted to give them these recipes.  A recipe book was out since they are kind of girly a recipe box might have worked.  But I was trying to think of something a little more creative.  I came up with what I think is a pretty good idea.  


I took a simple CD wallet like this one.  You can pick them up at the dollar tree.  Then you cut out circle the size of CD's from scrapbook paper or card stock.  make sure it will fit in the cd holders.  Then I used paint and stretched the oval shape into a circle and typed the ingredients in the circle.  And then typed the directions on another circle.  They look like this when it is done

Then print them on more card stock or scrapbook paper.   Then cut them out (I used decorative scissors to cut some of mine out) and glue them on the front and back of the cd size paper.  

They will look like this when you are done.  Then you simply slide them in to the Cd slots like this

If you would like you could laminate them but they seem to be holding up fine like they are.  You could also decorate the out side of the cd wallet.  Like I said these were for boys so I thought the plainer the better.  
I hope you like this idea for a gift for the guys 

Have a great day 
Stephanie  

No comments:

Post a Comment