Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Apple Dumplings

 I took my girls to the apple orchard the other day. As usual we came home with way to many apples and now I need to find something to make all with them. I started with these delicious apple dumplings!





Apple Dumplings

Ingredients needed:
  • 6 apples ( I used Cortland)
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 3/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 1/2 Tablespoons of butter, softened
  • pie crust ( the kind with 2 in a pkg)
  • egg
  • sugar
In a small bowl mix cinnamon, nutmeg and butter. Set aside.

Core apples


 Peel Apples
Open up your pie dough and roll out to make larger. Cut your crust into 4 pieces
Put apple in the center of dough. Fill with cinnamon mixture.
Fold pie crust up around the apple.
Mix a beaten egg with 1 Tbsp of water.
Brush apples with egg mixture. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 min.
My apples were really large for the pie crust so I suggest if you are using large apples to have another pie crust to use.














No comments:

Post a Comment