Friday, July 20, 2012

Christmas in July Freezer Friday Bourbon Balls


At our house Bourbon Balls are a must have at Christmas for Scott.  I am not sure where I got this recipe I have had it for years and my family love them.

 Bourbon Balls

Ingredients
1 c. coarsely chopped pecans
6 tbsp. bourbon
1 lb. powdered sugar
2 sticks butter less 1 inch of 1 stick
8 oz. chocolate (for melting)
Combine the nuts and bourbon. Set aside and let stand for two hours. Cream the sugar and butter until the consistency of meal.  Add the nuts. Roll into little balls then refrigerate approximately 1 hour.
Melt chocolate over a double boiler.  Dip the balls in the chocolate and place on waxed paper.  Store in covered container.  I like to make up a big batch and freeze them until I need them for a gift or for Scott to eat.  He likes to eat them straight out of the freezer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment