Thursday, November 21, 2013

Ground Beef and Vegetable Soup

It has gotten cold here in Indiana. I hate the cold weather but I love the food that goes along with it. Vegetable soup is one of my favorite meals but I have to have it homemade ( no vegetable soup out of a can for me!).
Here is a recipe that tastes yummy but is just a little bit different than your normal everyday soup.

Homemade Ground Beef and Vegetable Soup

1 pound ground beef
onion flakes
1 tbsp. flour
1 can diced tomatoes ( I use the ones that are seasoned)
1 can tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 tsp Italian seasoning
celery salt
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup elbow macaroni
vegetables of your choice

Brown ground beef and onion flakes. Drain and transfer to soup pot. Add remaining ingredients except macaroni. Cook for 20-25 minutes. Add macaroni and cook until done. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment