Monday, August 19, 2013

Sunday Chicken Dinner ( Crockpot)

I was going through my cookbooks the other day and came across this recipe. I had carrots and potatoes that I needed to use up and since it is a crockpot recipe it didn't heat up my house. If you are like me you don't want to turn your oven on for a couple of hours in the middle of summer. Luckily here in Indiana it hasn't been to bad so far but I think it is because we have had so much rain!

Sunday Chicken Supper

4 med. carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 med. onion, chopped
1 celery rib, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 cups of green beans
3 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 cups of hot water
2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp basil
( I also added in fresh corn that I had cut off from us eating corn on the cob a previous night)

Layer first 7 ingredients ( and corn if you want). Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour over top. Cook on low 6-8 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment